Improve lives and support families with just a few hours of your time by volunteering with ASNC. You or your group can volunteer for one-time events around North Carolina and recurring opportunities in our offices or at Camp Royall, outside Pittsboro.
Complete the individual volunteer application here.
Volunteers are needed for events statewide throughout the year. You can promote the event, recruit participants, help assemble race materials, and serve key roles during the event.
- Asheville, September 11: WNC Run/Walk for Autism (note that this is a Sunday!)
- Greensboro, September 24: Greensboro Run/Walk for Autism
- Raleigh, October 8: Triangle Run/Walk for Autism
- Davidson, November 26: AmeriCarna Live car show
- Moncure, December 17: Camp Royall Holiday Party
- Moncure, April 2: World Autism Awareness and Acceptance Day celebration
- Greenville, April 29, 2017: Eastern Run/Walk for Autism
- Wilmington, April 22, 2017: Coastal NC Run/Walk for Autism
- Chapel Hill, May 1, 2017: Camp Royall Classic Golf Tournament
- Raleigh, April 6, 2017: Catwalk to Camp
Located near Pittsboro, Camp Royall is a 30-minute trip from Chapel Hill and Raleigh. Volunteers fulfill a variety of duties, including landscaping and facility maintenance, working with campers and families, and fundraising.
- During our year-round programs, volunteers can assist our staff to set up and clean up activities and events geared towards individuals with autism, including arts and crafts, group games, and outdoor activities! Opportunities to serve include Family Fun Days and Family Camping on weekends in the spring and fall, Mini-Camp Weekends for campers six times a year, Week-Long Camps during school breaks, Adult Retreats in the spring and fall, and the Afterschool Program during the traditional school year. For more information about the programs, click here.
- Maintenance work is another opportunity to serve, including lawn mowing, painting, trail clearing, office work (filing, data entry, shredding), creating materials for our programs and other general maintenance tasks.
- Corporate or civic groupscan volunteer for service projects throughout the year. In the past, corporate groups have built wheelchair-accessible ramps, cleaned out cabins before summer camp, and have even provided a cookout for the campers. From small group building projects to helping us to prepare for our summer season, we have a multitude of available volunteer opportunities to suit a variety of interests!
You can also assist with administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, mailings, and creating schedules in each of our regional offices in Asheville, Charlotte, Fayetteville, Greenville, Greensboro, and Raleigh. Sign up and we will contact you as duties arise.
A Lifetime Together Campaign
You can plan your own fundraiser in your community to provide much-needed scholarship funds to improve the quality of life for people with autism and their families. Scholarships can send campers to Camp Royall, provide respite or training for families, provide one-on-one tutoring to individuals with autism, or give adults ongoing job-skills training. Find ideas for fundraisers here, and read more about A Lifetime Together here.
Our Chapters and Support Groups are led by generous parents or family member volunteers who join together with other concerned individuals to create a welcoming and inclusive community of support for people with autism and their families. To learn more about the group nearest you and how you can become involved, click here.